Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Was Iggy Azalea Dropped From Interscope? T.I. Says The Rapper Is Now A "Free Agent" [Video]

Back in January it was announced that Iggy Azalea had signed a deal with Interscope Records. Jimmy Iovine went so far as to call her "the next Tupac," but there seems to have been a big change in the last couple of months. When Iggy aligned herself with T.I.'s Grand Hustle imprint in April she told MTV that her deal with Interscope had been restructured to allow that to happen. "I didn't know I was gonna sign to Grand Hustle," Azalea told MTV News, explaining how she managed to stick with both imprints. "There's no way I thought that would happen. Not because I didn't like them, just because my deal was all sewn up, and I restructured the whole thing." Now it seems Interscope is out of the picture completely based on comments T.I. made in a new interview with MTV's Hip Hop POV. "Iggy is a free agent," Tip said. "Right now she is a Grand Hustle artist." There would seem to be much more to the story. Hopefully we'll find out in the coming weeks what happened to Iggy's deal with Interscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment