Friday, September 21, 2012

Miguel Speaks On Roscoe Dash Claims of Writing 'Lotus Flower Bomb' Hook

As we recently reported, Roscoe Dash is quite heated about his name being absent from the credits of G.O.O.D. Music's Cruel Summer and Wale's hit, featuring Miguel, "Lotus Flower Bomb." He even went further and said he wrote the Flower Bomb hook long before Wale signed with MMG. Miguel, who sings and received credit for the chorus of the song, told Complex that everyone who was listed on the credits has every right to be there. The singer explained that Wale and an alternative artist, he left anonymous, coined the original chorus. Eventually, Miguel added the second half of it. He made it clear that it was unknown to him what other people lent a hand in the making of the joint before he got on. The artist went on to suggest that if anyone else, like Roscoe Dash, had dealings with creating the hit then they should confront the right people in attempts to getting credited for it instead of lashing out on Twitter. Here is his full quote to Complex: "As far as I know, Wale and another artist that I recently met penned the original 'Lotus Flower Bomb' chorus and I came in and added the second half or the end part...I'm not going to explain myself, this is retarded. I don't know anything about Roscoe Dash. At the end of the day, I know my involvement in the song and as far as I know, Wale and I, and this other guy, wrote the chorus. The other guy was an alternative artist. I think anyone that wants to know who wrote the song can check the credits. I don't know, I don't really care. If he did write part of it, then he should get credit for it. All I know is that I didn't write my portion of the song with Wale in the room-he was in Atlanta, I was in New York. If anyone had any involvement prior to me being involved, that's unbeknownst to me. Definitely if he wrote a part of it, he should get credit for it but as far as I know, the people who deserve credit on the song are listed. Twitter is definitely not the place to handle business per say. If he wanted to get that rectified, he would have his lawyer contact the proper people." Follow @ZeeMeekPeek

No comments:

Post a Comment