Friday, June 17, 2011

DMX signing to Rick Ross Label! WOW


X is scheduled to be released from prison in less than a month. In the excerpt from his interview with VIBE earlier this week, he says, Rick Ross has reached out to him about joining Maybach Music Group.

VIBE: You got major labels interested?
Yeah. Actually, Rick Ross’ peoples wrote me a letter while I was in here.

What!
Yeah like ‘Yo we got a home for you. We’ll pick you up in a limo. Just come to Miami. Just come, we got you.’ 

Oh wow, have you thought about that?
I’m thinking about it. It was a good feeling. I respect him as an artist, and I would like to work with him. But he got the whole Illuminati thing going on.  I got fans who write me like ‘I’m glad you’re not a part of that.’ And I don’t know what it’s really about entirely. So it might be like a good thing.


That’s crazy man. Because I don’t know if you heard but right now Rick Ross is on fire. Maybach Music Group signed up a whole bunch of people. Wale, Pill–and they’re really doing it man. That would be a crazy power move if you guys joined up.
Yeah. I have respect for him and he expressed interest that he wanted to work with me while I was out. So I definitely want do a song with him, but I don’t know about the record label thing. I would have to see what his camp is like and feel people out.  I’m not the average artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment